During your routine visit to the Dentist in ECIL,Hyderabad. Dr. P. Sudhakar MDS suggest the extraction of your wisdom teeth if necessary. He is an Top Dentist and performs the procedure in his practice. If you decide to have your wisdom teeth pulled, it will take a few days for them to feel normal and heal.
Wisdom teeth removal is a common dental procedure done to remove the wisdom teeth, typically during adolescence. It is usually done when the wisdom tooth may cause problems such as crowding or impaction.
The dilemma of wisdom teeth removal is that it is not 100% safe and can lead to serious complications such as infections, nerve damage and even death.
There are two main reasons for this dilemma:
- The risks of removing wisdom teeth outweigh the benefits for many people
- Wisdom teeth removal does not provide any health benefits for most people.
Wisdom teeth are the third and final set of molars that develop behind the second molars. Wisdom teeth are usually removed to prevent potential problems such as tooth decay, gum disease, and impacted wisdom teeth.
The impact of wisdom teeth removal can be felt in a variety of ways. Some people may experience pain, swelling, or an infection after their extraction.
When Should You Have Your Wisdom Teeth Removed?
Wisdom teeth are the third molars that typically come in between 13 and 17 years of age. The near-term wisdom tooth removal is necessary if the following conditions apply:
- The wisdom teeth have not fully erupted into the mouth.
- There are symptoms of pain or infection.
- If the wisdom teeth are not in the right position, they tend to trap food. It gives the cavity-causing bacteria someplace to grow well.
How a patient ought to grasp that he needs a molar extraction?
Molars are the second most commonly found teeth in the human mouth. Molars have a lot of surface area and are designed to grind food.
The most common time for wisdom teeth to become impacted is during periods of growth and development.
Most people don’t have any issues with their wisdom teeth, but others develop pain or face other problems if their wisdom tooth becomes impacted, which leads to its removal. In order to make sure that you need your wisdom tooth removed, it is important that you first understand what the symptoms are.
A patient ought to grasp that he needs a molar extraction if he experiences any of the following:
– Unrelenting pain
– Pain when chewing food
Complications and Risks of Wisdom Tooth Extraction
Wisdom teeth are the last adult teeth to come in and they often cause a lot of problems.
It is no secret that wisdom teeth pose a risk. They can cause infections, problems in the jaw, and lead to other dental issues. In order to avoid these risks, we recommend extraction as soon as they are discovered in order to prevent any future complications.
Smile Dental & Implant Centre in Ecil, Hyderabad offers a full range of oral surgery procedures for wisdom teeth removal. From general anesthesia to sedation dentistry and everything in between, we have the expertise to ensure your experience is as stress-free as possible.
Smile Dental & Implant Centre also provide a full range of dental services for patients who need help with their smile or oral health. Our team is committed to providing personalized care that meets the needs of each individual patient.
The complications of wisdom tooth extraction include:
– Pain: Wisdom tooth extraction is a surgical procedure that is painful and will take time to heal.
– Infection: The bone around the wisdom tooth may have bacteria or other pathogens which can lead to an infection.
– Tooth loss: If there is severe bone loss around the wisdom tooth, it could lead to the eventual loss of adjacent teeth as well.
– Postoperative bleeding: Wisdom teeth extractions can result in postoperative bleeding which could be dangerous if not caught quickly enough.
5 Possible Wisdom Teeth Removal Complications
- Dry Socket (Alveolar Osteitis)
- Pain and Swelling
- Limited Mouth Opening
- Excessive Bleeding
- Lip Numbness- Nerve damage can occur to the tongue, chin, or lower lip.