Cosmetic Dentistry is also called Aesthetic dentistry. It is a broad term that is given for all dental treatments which help to improve the appearance of teeth and gums. It can also be termed as a cosmetic touch-up for the teeth. Cosmetic Dentistry is basically provided by Prosthodontists, Orthodontists and Endodontists. A cosmetic dentist can help with replacing missing teeth, reshaping of teeth, restoration of teeth, bleaching and so on.
When Do You Need A Cosmetic Dentist?
Cosmetic Dentist is required in a wide scope of situations, some of them include:
• Missing Teeth
• Irregular growth of teeth
• Stains present on teeth
• Chipped/Broken tooth
• To protect a weak tooth after Root Canal
• Teeth that are too short or too long
Procedures under Cosmetic Dentistry Treatment
• Teeth Whitening or Bleaching of teeth: Cosmetic teeth whitening process to make teeth look white or to eliminate stains. It is a chemical process that can also be done in-office or at home.
Professional tooth whitening or bleaching can get your smile looking its best. It is one of the most common procedures of dental cosmetics. It brightens teeth that are discolored, stained or have been darkened because of Lifestyle and the aging process. Many things we do on a regular basis can contribute to stained teeth, such as drinking coffee, tea, soft drinks and red wine, or smoking. Any tooth, even those that have had root canal surgery, can receive bleaching treatment. This can be done by a dentist in the dental clinic or at home.
• Veneers or laminates: Veneers are slight portions of porcelain or plastic placed over front teeth to change colour and shape of a tooth.
Have you always envied the smile of your favorite celebrity and wondered how they have such beautifully aligned sparkling teeth? You might be surprised to find out how many of them have had cosmetic dental work.
That beautiful smile can actually be yours and the quickest way of doing that is to opt for dental Veneers and Laminates.
These are wafer-thin shells of tooth-coloured material that are fixed to the front surface of the teeth to improve their cosmetic appearance. They can, not only close the spaces but also can change the shape, shade, and position of the teeth. In fact, dental veneers are for your teeth what false fingernails are for your hands!!!
DENTAL VENEERS / LAMINATE OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE
• IPS e-max Press & CAD (Ivoclar Vivadent – Germany)
• IPS empress CAD (Ivoclar Vivadent – Germany)
• CEREC (Sirona – Germany)
- Restorations: Composite restorations are tooth-colored restorations. Shades of a composite can be chosen that match nearest to the normal tooth color.
- Crowns/Bridges: Crowns and bridges are placed over weakened teeth to ensure the teeth protect as well as to show up Aesthetic pleasing.
- Fixed Braces: To align the malaligned teeth.
- Dental Implants: As a process of replacing the missing teeth.
- Crown lengthening or Shortening
- Smile Designing
- Gum Depigmentation
- Gum Recontouring