Cosmetic Dentistry also called as aesthetic dentistry. It is a broad term that is given for all dental treatments which help to improve the appearance of teeth and gums. It can also be termed as a cosmetic touch up for the teeth. Cosmetic Dentistry is basically provided by Prosthodontists, Orthodontists and Endodontists. A cosmetic dental specialist can help with replacing missing teeth, reshaping of teeth, restoration of teeth, bleaching and so on.
When Do You Need A Cosmetic Dentist?
Cosmetic Dentist is required in a wide scope of situations, some of them include:
- Missing Teeth
- Irregular growth of teeth
- Stains present on teeth
- Chipped/Broken tooth
- To protect a weak tooth after Root Canal
- Teeth those are too short or too long
Procedures under Cosmetic Dentistry Treatment
- Bleaching: Common dental process to make teeth look white or to eliminate stains. It is a chemical process which can also be done in-office or at home.
- Restorations: Composite restorations are tooth coloured restorations. Shades of a composite can be chosen that match nearest to the normal tooth colour.
- Crowns/Bridges: Crowns and bridges are placed over weakened teeth to ensure the teeth to protect the teeth as well as to show up aesthetic pleasing.
- Veneers: Veneers are slight portions of porcelain or plastic placed over front teeth to change the colour and shape of the tooth.
- Fixed Braces: To align the mal-aligned teeth.
- Dental Implants: As a process of replacing the missing teeth.
- Crown lengthening or Shortening
- Smile Design